The last few weeks have not been the best time for me. As I still continue to try and bring myself back to where I was a month ago, I have to say that this was a welcomed surprise. It put a smile on my face. Rachel Miller from My Bipolar Life has nominated me for the Daisy Award. Thank you so much, Rachel! You are such a sweet person and I feel so blessed to know you and so many other wonderful people here in this community.
Update: I would like to also thank Cate from Infinite Sadness… or Hope? She has also nominated me for this award and I am so thankful for her kindness. I am grateful for both considerations by Rachel and Cate. Talk about putting smiles on my face.
The rules for this award are as follows (Taken from My Bipolar Life):
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tell readers 7 unusual things about yourself.
- Nominate some worthy bloggers.
My 7 Unusual Facts:
- My favorite flower is the daisy. I guess that’s not really unusual, but in addition to the meaning that this award already has by receiving it, the fact that I love daisies also adds a bit more.
- Probably due to my OCD, but when I put money in my wallet, I cannot let the bills go in upside down. I always think that the president faces need to be upright; otherwise it’s just wrong.
- I doodle a lot! And, if I don’t have something with which to write, then I will tear the pieces of paper, napkin, or whatever it is in my grasp, and make random shapes and objects with them. I hate just sitting still when I’m not actually doing something with my hands. For those in my circle of loved ones who read this. If I ever do this in front of you, please just know it’s not due to me being bored around you. It’s merely that I need to keep my hands moving sometimes.
- When I was a kid, I once had the sudden urge to bite my mom (please don’t think I’m a freak for this). I know now it was due to the OCD, but at the time I couldn’t understand why I suddenly wanted to bite her. I bit her hard and broke the skin, making her bleed. She got so mad at me (which I don’t blame her one bit). When she asked me why I did it, I just said it was ’cause I had to do it. I couldn’t give her a proper answer, ‘cause I didn’t have a reason that I understood. I never did that again though. To this day, I will sometimes bite my pillow when I feel stressed.
- I have a nervous habit, and my left thumbnail is all messed up due to it. Due to my anxiety, I began messing with my thumb years back. I still do. I rub it hard at the base of the nail until it hurts really badly. The pain of it makes me feel better when I’m having a hard time with stress and my emotions. However, due to that, my nail has not looked right since about 4 years ago. That’s when I started doing it more. My nail now is always just cracked and split, but I can’t stop what I do, ‘cause as I said it helps the emotional pain.
- I love watching Ellen DeGeneres clips. I think she is one of the funniest people alive and I just love so much about her. She never fails to make me laugh, and so I have often spent a few hours online watching various clips and comedy of her show and past appearances.
- When I was little, I thought that I didn’t need to go to high school. I thought 8th grade was the end of school and that high school was optional. I believed after 8th grade, that I would be done with school. I hated school during that time due to the bullying and missing my mom while there, and so I wanted out so badly. I was so sad when I finally learned that I had to still go to high school, and that it was college that was optional. I’m glad I got passed that.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for this award (as always, I wish I could nominate every one of you awesome bloggers out there):