This blogging community is so wonderful! I have been nominated for multiple awards over the past couple of months, but have been quite late on getting to them. It was not until I read But She’s Crazy’s post on her awards a while back that I realized it would be ok to still accept the nominations, albeit late. She was told that it was ok to accept hers, even though time had passed since receiving them, so I will follow in her footsteps and do the same.
I want to apologize for taking so long to getting to these awards. I want to also make it clear that my procrastination is not due to a lack of appreciation. I have just not been able to get myself to sit down and write about these for some reason, but always knew I wanted to. I have greatly appreciated them since the day I received each one, and I’m so happy that I’m finally writing about them.
As I said, this blogging community is so wonderfully awesome! I say this, not because of the award nominations – although I greatly appreciate them – but due to the fact that I am surrounded by such awesome people. All of you have made my blogging experience so great and I thank you for that!
So, now I will go on to the awards. I will go in the order that I have received them.
The Liebster Blog Award
I thank Rainey from Rainey Daze and Crazy Nights for this award. I think she is so sweet and kind to nominate me for this award in order to give me encouragement and to help bring more awareness to my blog. I greatly appreciate her support, and Rainey… you are such an awesome person.
“This award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers, as a way to encourage them, as well as spread love around the community. It also shares appreciation for fellow bloggers and the wonderful work they do.”
The rules of this award are to thank the person who nominates you (check); link back to them (check); copy and paste the award logo (check); give 10 random facts about myself; and nominate other bloggers whom I would like to pass this award onto.
My 10 Random Facts:
1) As a child, my best friend was Jesus. As a toddler, I would be playing and talking with someone. Finally, one day my mom finally asked me to whom I was talking, and I told her my friend. She asked me that person’s name and I said, “Jesus.” My mom said I would sit there for hours talking with Him while I played and that I really saw Him from the looks of it. I believe it, ‘cause He’s still my best friend. 🙂
2) I leave ‘I Love Lucy’ going on in the background every night when I go to sleep. I need noise when I sleep or my mind that never shuts up will keep me awake all night. I used to watch Nick at Nite all night long, but I would still not sleep well. So, now I DVR’d 8 hours of a Lucy marathon a while back and put that on instead, as that show is so funny and innocent. I know I’ll never feel any sadness with that show on. Sometimes I fall asleep before turning it on, and I usually do not sleep well those nights.
3) I’ve lived in the same city my entire life. I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way.
4) I grew up with most of my nieces and nephews, and when we were kids and had weekend sleepovers at my house, we’d stay up until 1am watching Saturday Night Live. We’d laugh so hard into our pillows ‘cause we would get in trouble if anyone caught us watching that. The show was inappropriate for kids our age, but that was the draw for us. Most of the time we did not know what the heck any of it meant, but we thought we did.
5) So many things in my wardrobe are either black or blue (mostly navy) in color. I never paid much attention to that until last year when I was looking at the color tones in my closet. I’m just not a bright color wearer I guess.
6) I don’t know why this is, but I tend to see my therapist in so many people on television. I’ll be watching something and I think, “Wow, that actor reminds me of Dr… Anyone else do that too?
7) As a child, I cried when my mom couldn’t afford to buy me a teddy bear that we saw at the mall one day. I wasn’t crying in a spoiled brat way, but she said they were tears of true sadness for the bear. I told her I felt sorry for the bear ‘cause his eyes looked sad like he needed a home. I remember that day, and I remember those feelings. I truly felt he wanted to go home with me. I didn’t forget about that bear, and the next week when we were at the mall again, my mom had the money that time and that bear found a home. I named him Chocolate Chip as he was a light bear with dark brown eyes and paws. I still have him. 🙂
8) I went to a Catholic school from 1st through 12th grade, and for the elementary school years, I had to go to Mass with my school every Friday morning. I would get so bored at times and would stare at the tall candles that were lit on the alter. I would stare at the flame and would swear that the flame looked like it was getting bigger. I always imagined them exploding and causing a fire during the Mass.
9) I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree in Media Arts and Design. I love art… both viewing it and creating it!
10) I’m a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda series! Out of all of the games I’ve ever played, my favorite is Ocarina of Time. I still pop that one in the Wii (I bought the disc version now) and play it from time to time. It’s awesome!
The Sunshine Award
I thank Rachel Miller from My Bipolar Life for this “award that is given to blogs which contribute to the blogging community in a positive or inspirational way.” I can’t even say how much it means to me to be told that my blog offers inspiration to others. That is such a wonderful feeling and I have felt so grateful since I have received this award.
Rachel’s blog is wonderful and I enjoy reading it. She has honesty to her writing that comes through in each of her posts. That compiled with the fact that she is a kind and sweet person, just makes her blog so much more welcoming. I connect with her and I am so glad that we are blogging friends.
The rules for this award are to thank the person who nominated you, link to their blog, and to write a post about it. Then, answer ten questions about yourself, and pass the award forward to some fellow bloggers.
1) Favorite philosopher? Galileo Galilei
2) Favorite bad habit? Having the television and music on, while working or playing on the computer. Probably not the best energy saving habit.
3) Favorite good habit? I listen to music while I write. I think it’s good ‘cause it helps me to focus and inspires me.
4) Favorite time of day? The middle of the night, when everyone in the house is asleep.
5) Favorite time of year? Fall, during the time of Halloween and Thanksgiving.
6) Favorite dead celebrity? Lucille Ball
7) Favorite Christmas movie? Yogi’s First Christmas. I watched that every Christmas as a kid, and finally got it on DVD and watched it last Christmas. Love it! 🙂
8) Favorite vacation? Going to Amusement parks with my family as a kid. Those were the best times, and so much fun!
9) Physical activity? Going into my fantasy world
10) Favorite thing? Sitting down with a good idea for an art or design piece, short story or poem, and illustrating or writing for hours on end. I love that feeling when the creativity begins to flow, and even more so when the piece is complete.
The Reader Appreciation Award
I have four of my fellow blogging friends to thank for this award. Cate from Infinite Sadness… Or Hope? Nominated me in May. Bpshielsy from The Bipolar Place nominated me in June, as did, Eileen from But She’s Crazy and Mathematically Confused.
I can’t thank you guys enough for all thinking of me for this award. You are all so awesome, and to share this nomination with me gives me just such a great feeling. I appreciate all of you, and thank you for your support and encouragement.
So, the rules of this award are to thank the person who nominated you, link that person’s blog, list something that you’ve been up to lately, and nominate other blogs.
What Have I Been Up To Lately?
I have been designing and illustrating a lot in both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I sometimes lose my creative drive depending on my mood, but I have been in a more creative mood as of late, and I’m taking advantage of it.
The Outstanding Blogger Award
Thank you, Eileen! Eileen from But She’s Crazy nominated me for this award that is for “informational, honest, raw, and outstanding” blogs. All I can say is wow!!! I thank her so much for thinking of me for this award. This is a great honor to have my blog seen in such a positive light. When I first started blogging in March, I never thought I’d even make it to this point in the number of posts and people I’ve met. It has truly been a unique and healthy experience for me. All of you help me to feel like I belong here, and that I’m not going to be shunned for my problems and wacky brain. Eileen, you are such a great person and I am so happy that we got to meet through this community.
The rules of this award are to share something important, and then nominate other blogs.
My “Something” Important
In high school, my favorite teacher was my English teacher, who I had 3 out of my 4 years. She always encouraged my writing in high school, and signed my yearbook once saying, “Don’t ever stop writing.” I credit her with helping to make me want to become a better writer throughout high school, college, and still to this day. She spoke at our high school graduation, and I will never forget the closing words of her speech. After all that I have been through since then – between my illness and life in general – it’s not easy to accept what she said. However, I have never forgotten it and it often comes to my mind. I thank her and want to share it. Here is what she said.
Someday, there will come a time in your life when you will fall flat on your face. However, when this happens you do not just stay down. You get yourself back up. You have to get back up. You need to get back up. You BETTER get back up.
Well, that seems to finally have me caught up with these awards. I am so grateful to all of you who nominated me. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people in this blogging community. Every single one of you out there in this community deserves an award for sharing your lives, experiences and knowledge with the world. I thank God for bringing me to this community, and look forward to continuing our journeys together.