Mathematically Confused has tagged me. Thanks!
The rules are to answer the tagger’s questions. So, here it goes!
1. Do you enjoy science fiction?
Very much so! One of my favorite movies is the classic 1953 version of H.G. Wells’ “War of the Worlds.”
2. Do you collect anything?
Yes, I collect a few things: key chains (my largest collection), mini Lego figurines of pop culture characters, cool/unique looking pens and pencils, cool graphic designs (I have a box where I stick anything that has a great design to it), and Disney pins.
3. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
Literature. I loved writing and I was kind of weird in that I actually kind of enjoyed writing my term papers and analytical essays.
4. What is your favorite kind of weather?
Cold! I can’t stand the heat. I’m not looking forward to the upcoming summer. Fall and winter can’t return fast enough for me.
5. What is your favorite book?
This is always a tough one for me. I can’t ever narrow it down to just one, so I’ll list some of my most favorites (in no particular order).
– Harry Potter Series – by J.K. Rowling
– Perks of Being a Wallflower – by Stephen Chbosky
– One Hundred Demons – Lynda Barry
– Myth Conceptions – Robert Asprin
– Metamorphosis – Franz Kafka
6. What is your favorite piece of music?
My number 1 favorite song is “I Don’t Want to Live on the Moon”. Of course Ernie beats all, but I’ve also heard some beautiful renditions by Shawn Cole and Aaron Neville. This song just affects me in an emotional and nostalgic way. It’s not just a children’s song, it’s a song about love, family, friends, and how important they are in my life.
7. Do you prefer cats, dogs, or neither or both?
I absolutely love dogs! I love cats too. Basically, I’m an animal lover all ‘round, so I prefer both.
8. If you could spend a year traveling for fun, would you do it?
Prior to my anxiety getting as bad as it has, I had always dreamed of going to Africa for a safari and doing a documentary of the wildlife there. Answering that question today, my answer would be no, but if I answer it from the perspective of that person that used to have those dreams, then the answer would be yes.
9. What is your favorite memory?
I have too many favorites to just pick one, but one of the ones that stands out as I sit here, is when I was thirteen years old. I was graduating eighth grade and so our class got to go to a local amusement park. It was my first time going to a place like that without my parents or siblings (who were parental figures for me). I was actually on my own; as our teachers walked off and just had us meet up with them at certain checkpoints throughout the day. Well, it was a freedom that I had never known before and I loved it! So, at one point one of my friends and I went on this water ride where it drops you from really high up. When we got to the peak of the climb, I suddenly got the urge to shout at the top of my lungs for everyone down below to hear. So, as we began to drop, I screamed at the top of my lungs, “SH******TTTTTTTT!!!!”
It was an urge that I just couldn’t fight and I wanted to do it since no one was around to yell at me, or scold me or tell me I was doing wrong. I got off that ride feeling so proud, but it didn’t last long. I almost immediately began to feel embarrassed for doing something so stupid. I was the complete opposite of someone who would do something like that, so afterwards I hated that I did that. It wasn’t until recently when I told my therapist about it that she changed my perspective completely. I don’t feel ashamed about it anymore, thanks to her. I actually now feel glad that I did it. She told me that she thought it was great that I did that. She said that it was essentially my Declaration of Independence. It was my first chance at being free from authority for the first time in my life and I seized it.
So, yeah, that’s a memory that comes to mind. It was the Sh*t heard ‘round the world.
10. If you had one day to live, how would you spend it?
I would spend the day with my mom, baking, drinking tea (we used to have tea parties when I was little), and just talking and laughing with her. I’d eat whatever the heck I wanted and I’d flush all of my medication down the toilet. Then, as the sun begins to set, I will watch it. And, when the moon comes out, I’d look up at it and stare one last time before lying down to go to sleep that one last time. Maybe for kicks, I’d also stick a label on my forehead that reads, “This side up”.
11. What is your favorite color?
- If you had the chance to do something from your life over again, then what would it be?
- If you could be any character from any book that you’ve read, then which character would you choose to be, and why?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- What is your favorite film?
- If you could live in any time period of history, which one would you choose to live in?
- What is the scariest memory that you can remember in your life?
- Here’s an oldie, but a goodie… If you could only take three books with you to a deserted island – where you’d live for the rest of your life – what would they be?
- Let’s say you suddenly became the most powerful person in the world, becoming the only world leader. What are three leadership decisions that you would make?
- What’s one of the funniest memories that you can remember?
- Beach or Mountains? If you had to pick one where you would live for the rest of your life, which would it be?
- If colonizing another planet became a reality, would you leave Earth and move to the new planet?